zaterdag 24 januari 2009

Debugging the clock

Most likely due to the fact that I took pictures of it for this blog, one of the many wires connecting the LED had broken. This is the disadvantage of wirewrap wire: it breaks easily. After looking at the clock, I discovered that last vertical line failed completely, and the vertical line 7 before that. So using my own schematic it was clear that the D0 line from the PIC16F877A had failed, but not immediately: going from the 7th row of LED to the 14th row. So it was easy to locate the wire that was loose and resolder it. The clock works now, again.

In other words: glad I documented things in this blog. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the schematic. Of course, if I hadn't documented it, it probably wouldn't have broken either...

Geen opmerkingen: