vrijdag 11 februari 2022

Soldered version of the PO-32 to Arturia MicroBrute sync

 As I still had a few prototype PCB boards I decided to make a soldered version of the syncer I previously designed. I added a power plug to it, so I can splice the power off the MicroBrute into this circuit. The power circuit is the usual LM7805 implementation seen elsewhere on this blog. As you can see from the pictures, my soldering skills haven't improved, but they suit the purpose, which is to make a nearly unbreakable version of the board.



I like my trick of putting the connectors at the edge of the board like this, so I don't need to drill larger holes for the pins. I chose pink for the connector to the PO-32 because Teenage Engineering sounds more playful, and because that plug is red, so I know what to match it to. Next will be to set this up and start making a song with it.

There was one soldering mistake that I had to fix, a blob of solder had fallen between two of the lines. This caused the circuit to just play a single note initially. But with my multimeter it was easy to figure out.

Geen opmerkingen: