zaterdag 28 februari 2009

3D LED cube

Of course I will be continuing with the ZX-jen project, but I'm also working on a display consisting of 4x4x4 LED. I ordered 10mm big LED and will soon put them together. Using a grid with two LED (opposite polarity) per crossing you can control 72 LED with 12 lines, but I think it is wiser to control two groups of 32 LED with 8 lines each, for a total of 16 lines. This way the control of each group can be done with a single PORT, allowing all LED to change at the same time without intermediate values, which could cause the display to blink LED that should remain off. This could still happen, but is a lot less likely with the new configuration. I'll write more once the LED have come in, I used Futurlec for the order, which is notoriously slow, but has nice products for an inexpensive price.

1 opmerking:

Jessica zei

Wow, dat ziet er echt mooi uit