zondag 1 februari 2009

IF...THEN

Instead of FOR...NEXT I thought IF...THEN might be a much better option. As shown, IF...THEN now works. It can do comparisons <, =, >, <>, <=, >=, and, as a bonus, == (same as =, obviously). As my parser only checks for positive cases and not for negative cases, you can also write IF...GOTO. Because this work was done during the weekend, and therefore during the day, you can even see me taking the picture in the reflection of the television as well as my messy desk on the background. I discovered several things still need to improve: number printing should leave out leading zeroes, and it should handle negative numbers, as these might show up soon. Regardless, this introduces the important concept of flow control into the system which means it might actually start doing something useful in the near future.

Geen opmerkingen: