woensdag 16 juni 2010

Heart rate 3

I wanted the heart rate monitor mostly to see what my heart does while I'm dancing, and I finally have a usable data set from my Bollywood class, with Shaira Bhan:

heart rate Bollywood dance class

As you can see, my heart gets a lot to do during this class. 185 might be considered too high for me, but I don't notice it and I'm having fun. The 185 peak was during the sequence of jumps where you lift your knees and move your elbows towards the knees. As you can see there is also a very odd dip, at about 21 minutes in, where my heart rate went down to 115. Here we practiced jumping up from a sitting position while keeping your head down and moving it up in a "cool" fashion. As you can see, we didn't do very well, as it took several minutes before we started dancing again. The software that came with the monitor calculated I burned 1076 kCal during the dance session (I assume it uses my weight and my heart rate to calculate this).

I also gathered more data of me cycling, so I updated the script to allow comparison of two graphs. It now requires additional parameters url2 and offset. Here are two days of cycling, I tried to match up the peaks (which are overpasses).

heart rate comparison cycling to work.

As you can see the second time (in red) I had to wait for the traffic light at the bottom of the US-101, which meant the peak isn't as high. Here is the same chart comparison for the way back:

heart rate comparison cycling back

Here there is a distinct difference in the beginning, which is easily explained. The red graph starts with me sitting in a chair at Google, working on my feature. The green graph starts with me leaving my Bollywood dancing class. This is also why the green graph is shorter: the dancing class is in a building that is closer to my house.

Geen opmerkingen: