vrijdag 25 juni 2010

Heart rate monitoring 7

Because of the heart rate monitoring, Anna Botelho asked me to check my heart rate during another class of hers called "Dancing around the world". It doesn't focus on the moves at all, and involves many different dance styles, most of which were quite confusing. Here is the graph comparing it with Shaira Bhan's class, of that same week:

Heart rate comparison between Dancing Around the World and Bollywood

The only clear difference is the start, which is partly due to me being on a treadmill (since Dancing around the World is at the gym) and partly because the Bollywood class (the red line) has a longer warming up (I think this is because people generally show up in the middle of the Dancing around the World class, which means warming up makes less sense). However, if you look at the details you can see that the activity level during the Dancing around the World class is higher (the green line is more often above the red line than the other way around). The software stated I burned 1323 kCal during the Dancing around the World class, but as I stated in my previous post, this should probably be 20% lower. It is still the highest of all activities so far.

For completeness, here is a comparison between "Beginning Hip Hop" and the "Dancing around the World" class:

heart rate of Beginning Hip Hop vs. Dancing around the World

It isn't difficult to guess that the Beginning Hip Hop is in red. I guess some would say that my heart rate peaking at 190 bpm is not a good thing, and an average of 171 bpm is not a good thing either. However, I feel fine. I'm in far more pain with certain flexibility requiring moves than I have with continuous jumping.

And finally, a more relaxing graph: me sleeping.

Heart rate while sleeping

The graph looks busy, but the scale is actually quite narrow. I like the part where my heart rate drops down to 51 bpm. I'm also impressed how quickly it can go from 60 to over 100 (this usually happens when I stand up, so I guess I got out of bed at that time).

Geen opmerkingen: